Who can apply?
Invest high school seniors and college students or former Invest graduates.
What does it cover?
This Invest award can help with licensing, entry level courses, or CISR and ACSR designations. It is a reimbursable scholarship for students who may not go to college, but instead wish to move directly into a career in insurance.
How do I apply?
- The application is online, but you need to prepare a few things in advance.
What should I prepare?
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or mentor. Local insurance professionals, Invest teachers and volunteers are preferred. Recommendation letter MUST be signed.
- Answer a question from an insurance case study provided (as a link) in the application.
- Complete the NEW Insurance activity portion of the application.
- Write a 500-word essay detailing the following:
The benefits of having participated in
Your plans for further education or career and how your plans were influenced by Invest
- Activities that show your interests like: honor societies, sports, extracurricular activities, internships or P-T jobs
- A copy of a current school transcript which includes grade point average to date.
Entries are judged on creativity, content, format, grammar, spelling, and the student’s passion to pursue an insurance career.
– and there is
no deadline to apply as 'Classroom to Career' scholarship applications are open year round.
Note: All entries become the property of Invest.
Please use your regular email (not a school email) that you check regularly and have access to after you graduate when applying.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR THE 2023 CLASSROOM TO CAREER SCHOLARSHIP
- Draft and edit your essay in a word document and then copy and paste it into the online application form. The online form does not have a spell check feature or other editing features.
- Save your recommendation letter on the computer so they are easy to upload.
- If you cannot obtain an electronic copy of your transcript or don’t have access to a scanner for paper copy, you may mail it to us, but please include your scholarship log-in and password so we may upload it.
- If you cannot scan your parent / guardian release form, you may mail it to us, but please include your scholarship log-in and password so we may upload it.
Scholarship questions should be directed to InVEST email@example.com or 1.800.221.7917.