Donate to InVEST Donate to the InVEST Silent Auction
InVEST brings insurance to classroom introducing students to insurance and careers in the industry. Because of the generous support of agencies, companies, non-profits and other organizations, we are able to provide resources to teachers for free. Registered teachers have access to textbooks, industry software, lesson plans, presentations, games and a new e-textbook.
The benefits of InVEST are far reaching. Students gain knowledge about insurance, risk management, and financial services. Teachers get the support they need to offer insurance, financial services, and risk management courses which are centered in the real world and offer their students excellent prospects for professional employment after graduation. And our volunteers help to educate future insurance and financial services consumers, attract future employees, develop positive public relations opportunities, and provide valuable services to the communities where they live and work.
InVEST is making a difference:
- InVEST is in more than 850 classrooms
- We reach over 30,000 students a year — these are future recruits for insurance companies and insurance agencies.
- In 2017, we presented more than $75,000 in scholarships to 76 students.
- Program growth has almost doubled in the last five years. Take a quick look at our October 2017 InVEST Report Card.
Generous contributions serve young people and teachers through InVEST:
- Provides a free insurance curriculum, as well as instructional guides on implementing InVEST at the high school and college level.
- Strengthens relationships with educators and state education departments to encourage them to implement insurance into their own curriculum.
- Builds awareness in the industry encouraging more volunteers to guest speak in classrooms.
- Creates effective internship programs working with schools on workforce development and career readiness for students.
- Helps students find colleges in U.S. with finance, risk management, or insurance majors.
- Connects students with entry level positions or internships.
- Continues to improve InVEST resources both online and print used by educators, students and industry liaisons.
We can’t do this without your help!
Help us continue to fulfill our mission to improve insurance literacy of students and attract new talent to the industry. InVEST’s spirit comes from our hundreds of industry volunteers, teachers, and graduates. Our strength comes from the companies, foundations, and industry groups who support this amazing program both financially and through volunteer efforts.
Please consider donating today.
A 501(c)(3), InVEST is supported by financial contributions from insurance companies, foundations, insurance professionals and other organizations.
InVEST relies solely on tax-deductible contributions. Donate online
or mail your contribution to InVEST, 127 S. Peyton St. Alexandria VA 22314 attention Deborah Pickford, Executive Director.