Who can apply?
Current InVEST seniors, InVEST college students or former InVEST graduates.
What does it cover?
If you plan to use the funds to pursue a two or four year college degree, this scholarship is right for you. Applicants must be InVEST graduates pursuing a degree with an emphasis on insurance, risk management, actuarial science or business with the intent of pursuing an insurance related career after graduation.
How do I apply?
- The application is online, but you need to prepare a few things in advance.
What should I prepare?
- If you are under the age of 18, have your parents complete the Parent/Guardian release.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or mentor. InVEST teachers and volunteers are preferred. Recommendation letter MUST be signed.
- Answer a question from an insurance case study provided (as a link) in the application.
- Write a 500-word essay detailing the following:
- The benefits of having participated in InVEST
- Your plans for further education and how these plans were influenced by InVEST
- Other activities that demonstrate your interests and abilities like academic honor societies, sports, extracurricular activities, internships or after-school jobs.
- A copy of a current school transcript which includes grade point average to date
- A photograph OPTIONAL (an original class picture preferred)
Entries are judged on creativity, content, format, grammar, spelling, and punctuation – and the deadline to apply is April 6, 2018. All entries become the property of InVEST.
Please use your regular email (not a school email) that you check regularly and will have access to after you graduate when applying.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
For questions concerning scholarships, contact InVEST at email@example.com or 1.800.221.7917.