Who can apply?
Current InVEST seniors, InVEST college students or former InVEST graduates.
What does it cover?
InVEST has scholarships to assist students with licensing, entry level courses, CISR or ACSR designations to help students who may not go to college, but instead go directly into a career in insurance. The $500 reimbursable scholarship is available year round.
How do I apply?
- The application is online, but you need to prepare a few things in advance.
What should I prepare?
- If you are under the age of 18, have your parents complete the Parent/Guardian release.
- Provide at least two different letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, liaisons, mentors, etc. InVEST teachers and volunteers are preferred. Recommendation letters must be signed.
- Write a 500-word essay detailing the following:
- The benefits of having participated in InVEST
- Your plans for further education and how these plans were influenced by InVEST
- Other activities that demonstrate your interests and abilities like academic honor societies, sports, extracurricular activities, internships or after-school jobs.
- Submit a copy of a current school transcript which includes grade point average to date
- Include a photograph (an original class picture is preferred) as a JPG or PNG file
These entries are judged on creativity, content, format, grammar, spelling and punctuation – and can be submitted year round. All entries become the property of InVEST.
Click here to apply
- Draft and edit your essay in a word document and then copy and paste it into the online application form. The online form does not have a spell check feature or other editing features.
- Save your recommendation letters on the computer so they are easy to upload.
- If you cannot obtain an electronic copy of your transcript or don’t have access to a scanner for paper copy, you may mail it to us, but please include your scholarship log-in and password so we may upload it.
- If you cannot scan your parent/guardian release form, you may mail it to us, but please include your scholarship log-in and password so we may upload it.
Scholarship questions should be directed to InVEST firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.800.221.7917.