Who can apply?
Current Invest high school seniors and college students or former Invest graduates.
What does it cover?
This Invest award can help with licensing, entry level courses, or CISR and ACSR designations. It is a reimbursable scholarship for students who may not go to college, but instead wish to move directly into a career in insurance.
How do I apply?
- The application is online, but you need to prepare a few things in advance.
What should I prepare?
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or mentor. Invest teachers and volunteers are preferred. Recommendation letter MUST be signed.
- Answer a question from an insurance case study provided (as a link) in the application.
- Write a 500-word essay detailing the following:
- The benefits of having participated in Invest
- Your plans for further education or career and how your plans were influenced by Invest
- Other activities that demonstrate your interests and abilities like academic honor societies, sports, extracurricular activities, internships or after-school jobs.
- A copy of a current school transcript which includes grade point average to date.
Entries are judged on creativity, content, format, grammar, spelling, and punctuation – and there is no deadline to apply as 'Classroom to Career' scholarship applications are open year round. All entries become the property of Invest.
Please use your regular email (not a school email) that you check regularly and will have access to after you graduate when applying.
- Draft and edit your essay in a word document and then copy and paste it into the online application form. The online form does not have a spell check feature or other editing features.
- Save your recommendation letter on the computer so they are easy to upload.
- If you cannot obtain an electronic copy of your transcript or don’t have access to a scanner for paper copy, you may mail it to us, but please include your scholarship log-in and password so we may upload it.
- If you cannot scan your parent / guardian release form, you may mail it to us, but please include your scholarship log-in and password so we may upload it.
Scholarship questions should be directed to InVEST email@example.com or 1.800.221.7917.