Who can apply?
Previous InVEST Scholarship recipients who are currently enrolled and have completed at least three semesters of college. Applicants must have declared a major in college and be working with an insurance mentor or advisor InVEST can match you with one if you do not already have one. While the degree doesn’t have to be insurance or risk management, it must relate to a career path within the insurance industry. Graduates must be interested in entering an insurance career after graduation.
What does it cover?
This second round scholarship is available one time only and can be used for continuing college studies and/or agent licensing fees.
How do I apply?
- The application is online, but you need to prepare a few things in advance.
What should I prepare?
- A 400 word essay detailing the following:
- future workforce goals related to insurance
- how InVEST and/or your insurance mentor have guided your future plans
- information about your chosen major and how your studies and any extracurricular activities have prepared you for a career within the insurance industry.
- One letter of recommendation from InVEST industry mentor, Gamma Iota Sigma advisor, Posse or Inroads connection or other organization advisor.
Entries are judged on creativity, content, format, grammar, spelling, and punctuation. All entries become property of InVEST. Entries are due April 24, 2016.
Click here to apply.
- Draft and edit your essay in a word document and then copy and paste it into the online application form. The online form does not have a spell check feature or other editing features.
- Save your recommendation letter on the computer so they are easy to upload.
Questions concerning scholarships should be directed to InVEST at email@example.com or 1.800.221.7917.