Who can apply?
Current InVEST seniors, InVEST college students or former InVEST graduates.
What does it cover?
If you plan to use the funds to pursue a two or four year college degree, this scholarship is right for you. Applicants must be InVEST graduates pursuing a degree with an emphasis on insurance, risk management, actuarial science or business with the intent of pursuing an insurance related career after graduation.
How do I apply?
- The application is online, but you need to prepare a few things in advance.
What should I prepare?
- If you are under the age of 18, have your parents complete the Parent/Guardian release.
- Provide at least two different letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, liaisons, mentors, etc. InVEST teachers and volunteers are preferred. Recommendation letters must be signed.
- Write a 500-word essay detailing the following:
the benefits of having participated in InVEST
plans for further education and how these plans were influenced by InVEST
other activities that demonstrate your interests and abilities like academic honor societies, sports, extracurricular activities, internships, after-school jobs, etc.
- A copy of a current school transcript which includes grade point average to date
- A photograph OPTIONAL (an original class picture preferred)
Entries are judged on creativity, content, format, grammar, spelling, and punctuation. All entries become property of InVEST. Entries are due April 24, 2016
Please use your regular email (not a school email) that you check regularly and will have access to after you graduate when applying.
Click here to apply.
Questions concerning scholarships should be directed to InVEST firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.800.221.7917.