Who can apply?
Current InVEST seniors, InVEST college students or former InVEST graduates.
What does it cover?
InVEST has scholarships to assist students with licensing, entry level courses, CISR or ACSR designations to help students who may not go to college, but instead go directly into a career in insurance. The $500 reimbursable scholarship is available year round.
How do I apply?
- The application is online, but you need to prepare a few things in advance.
What should I prepare?
- If you are under the age of 18, have your parents complete the Parent/Guardian release.
- Provide at least two different letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, liaisons, mentors, etc. InVEST teachers and volunteers are preferred. Recommendation letters must be signed.
- Write a 500-word essay detailing the following:
the benefits of having participated in InVEST
plans for further education and how these plans were influenced by InVEST
other activities that demonstrate your interests and abilities like academic honor societies, sports, extracurricular activities, internships, after-school jobs, etc.
- A copy of a current school transcript which includes grade point average to date
- A photograph OPTIONAL (an original class picture preferred)
Entries are judged on creativity, content, format, grammar, spelling, and punctuation. All entries become property of InVEST. Entries can be submitted year round and will be reviewed within 60 days of receipt.
Click here to apply
- Draft and edit your essay in a word document and then copy and paste it into the online application form. The online form does not have a spell check feature or other editing features.
- Save your recommendation letters on the computer so they are easy to upload.
- If you cannot obtain an electronic copy of your transcript or don’t have access to a scanner for paper copy, you may mail it to us, but please include your scholarship log-in and password so we may upload it.
- If you cannot scan your parent/guardian release form, you may mail it to us, but please include your scholarship log-in and password so we may upload it.
Questions concerning scholarships should be directed to InVEST email@example.com or 1.800.221.7917.