InVEST brings insurance to the classroom introducing students to insurance and careers in the industry. Because of the support of generous agencies, companies, non-profits and other organizations, we are able to provide resources to schools at absolutely no cost to them. Registered teachers have access to textbooks, industry software, lesson plans, presentations, games, a new e-book and more.
The benefits of InVEST are far-reaching. Students gain knowledge about insurance, risk management, and financial services. Teachers get the support they need to offer insurance, financial services, and risk management courses which are centered in the real world and offer their students excellent prospects for professional employment after graduation. Our volunteers help to educate future insurance and financial services consumers, attract future employees, develop positive public relations opportunities, and provide valuable services to the communities where they live and work.
Financial contributions help InVEST:
- Provides an insurance curriculum free of charge as well as instructional guides on implementing InVEST at the high school and college level.
- Strengthens relationship with educators and state education departments to encourage them to implement insurance into their curriculums.
- Builds awareness in the industry encouraging more volunteers to guest speak in classrooms.
- Creates effective internship programs working with schools on workforce development and career readiness for students.
- Helps students find colleges in U.S. with finance, risk management, or insurance majors.
- Connects students with entry level positions or internships.
- Continues to improve InVEST resources both online and print used by educators, students and industry liaisons.
We can’t do this without your help!
InVEST’s spirit comes from our hundreds of industry volunteers, teachers, and graduates. Our strength comes from the companies, foundations, and industry groups who support this amazing program both financially and through volunteer efforts.
Help us continue to fulfill our mission to improve insurance literacy of students and attract new talent to the industry.
Consider donating today
A 501(c)(3), InVEST is supported by financial contributions from insurance companies, foundations, insurance professionals and other organizations. InVEST relies solely on tax-deductible contributions.
Donate online or mail your contribution to InVEST, 127 S. Peyton St. Alexandria VA 22314 attention Deborah Pickford, Executive Director.